- We will not meet on 31 May and 7 June and our last session before the summer break will be on 26 July.
- On 21 June we will have a 'family and friends' evening when visitors will be welcome to come and hear us sing during the second half of the evening. Please arrive about 8.15pm or if you come earlier wait in the small room next to the main hall.
- On 2 June several of our singers will join a choir led by Janet Wood performing in a show at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield.
- On 12 June about 20 of us will take part in a mass singing event in Manchester in aid of Water Aid.
- Six songs for choirs by musical director Janet Wood about the heritage of Retford have recently been published as a booklet with a professionally recorded teaching CD containing the vocal parts. See the Roam Around Retford tab for further information.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a lively choir for men and women of all ages who want to sing for pleasure. The choir was formed in September 2012 with the aim of providing opportunities for anyone from the local community to sing, regardless of musical experience, age or background and to meet other singers in a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
We sing, unaccompanied and in harmony, a wide variety of songs drawn from folk, pop, gospel and world music - in fact anything with a good harmony. Learning is by listening and repetition using Natural Voice methods www.naturalvoice.net
There is no need to read music and no musical knowledge is required, though if you have some, that’s great. The result is a rich, enthusiastic sound but the emphasis is very much on singing for enjoyment rather than for polished performance.
"A unique singing experience"